First published June 2014 – Updated Jan 2019!
It seems we all want more business but hate the idea of selling (selling being seen as sleazy and self-serving). So how do you tell people about the value you provide with your products and services without being salesy? That’s where your Client Attraction Strategy comes in.
What is a Client Attraction Strategy and why is it so important?
The idea is to create a unique strategy for your business that attracts your ideal clients, and positions you as the “go to” person in your industry, so that when people need what you’re offering, you’re the first person they think of. Using your “pimped” (or “optimised” if you prefer the more official jargon) social media profiles you can pre-sell your expertise and the results you offer potential clients. This makes a very powerful sales and marketing system for your business. And you don’t have to be pushy, salesy or annoying!
- Complete clarity on who your ideal client is and what drives and motivates them (their hot buttons) – WHO
- An irresistible message and offer – WHAT
- A system to get in front of your potential customers, warm them up and turn them from followers into customers – HOW
- This will include:
- A content plan so you always have fresh, engaging content. If you need ideas, here’s the recently updated 90Day Content Planner training.
- Professional looking, engaging graphics (use these handy free tools)
- Position yourself for success
Done correctly, this is an incredibly powerful strategy for your business.
What do you need to ensure your Client Attraction Strategy works?
1. Share great content
Provide valuable information that informs, educates and entertains your ideal clients. Offer top tips, list posts (10 ways to …, 12 best idea for….), help your market stay up to date and informed about important changes in your industry
2. Show up consistently and Connect
If you’re going to succeed on social media (or online, or even in life) you need to do what you do consistently. People need to feel you’re reliable and trustworthy, and worthy of their time, and following.
It’s all about meaningful connection in 2019.
3. Position yourself as an expert in your field
That’s what you’re doing with #1 and #2. Show your market that you’re an authority in your field, a leader who can help them achieve their goals and realise their dreams.
So, what are you waiting for?
Start putting a Client Attraction Strategy in place for your business and generate a steady stream of enquiries and clients (who are already warmed up to your offer, and ready to work with you). That’s a win win!
NEED HELP? If you need help putting any of this together please get in touch and ask for details of the Social Media Accelerator. It’s my signature group Coaching Program and it’s been designed for service based entrepreneurs who want to increase their profile, popularity and profits on Social Media.